Monday, October 11, 2010

Day five ... it's getting close to the day

I understand that I have to get the proposal in by Friday to Oecta. I will be filling it out and getting it to our Unit President on Monday.

In any case, I got a really cool email about this article, about using Facebook as a teaching tool. Of course, the teachers in this story have two accounts; one for school stuff and perhaps one for their own personal use. Personally, I think that is a bad idea, if only because it takes one slip up to ruin a career. Edmodo, I'm betting on, will do a better job of stopping such foolishness before it gets out of hand.

At least that is the interpretation from here.

This article has a bold prediction: that "every student in America will be using a mobile device for learning within five years". Wouldn't you want to be the part of the teaching staff that can use those devices to teach, if such is the case?

And here is a guy who learned how to turn a cell phone into a spectrophotometer. Something to think about for your classroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment