Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day Four supporting propaganda

When I was a younger person, I was taught by a really good History teacher, who happened to be a part time peacekeeper, too. One of his terms that has stuck with me is "Justification Ideology" - which is another way of saying "propaganda"

One of the basic ideas of this learning object is to develop some materials for other teachers to use.

This was published
last week (Oct 5th, 2010 to be exact) which lists a few ideas about social networking. The ideas apply to both life in general and teaching, too.

I think this link about a non-traditional school teaching will help with some further ideas, too.

Another idea that I think is foundational, is being able to teach our students how to use their cell phones to their own advantage - using the technology they already have to educate them.

I don't mean to bury this article in the middle of this post, but this article, about the use of Frog, another social networking site for teachers, is another facet of the overall learning I see this group doing.

Not sure I'd want my students to film themselves and put together a promo vid like this for me, but I'm sure it worked for this dude:


Me? I'd rather this promo:

No comments:

Post a Comment